"Slow Love" is a slow read!

As someone who lived through getting laid off and then struggling for two years with being unemployed, I found myself looking forward to reading "Slow Love: How I Lost my Job, Put on my Pajamas, and Found Happiness" by Dominique Browning.

Thank God I didn't pick this book up WHILE I was unemployed.  It annoyed me now, I think back then, while I was in the throws of unemployment, I quite possibly would have been livid.  

The majority of the population, when hit with unemployment, don't have the luxuries that this woman had: she was financially secure, she had a second home to sell to help with the loss of her income.  Most of us have two weeks worth of savings and then we're sunk.  She wasn't a particularly likable person.  She carried on an affair for years with a married man.  That is a big "ICK" in my book.

There were times, particularly in the beginning of the book when I thought that I was totally going to relate to her story, but as time went on, it just bugged me because even in this down time of the author's life, I don't think she had a clue what living in the "real" world mean.

You can decide for yourself if this book is for you by reading other reviews at BlogHer . Personally, I will find my happiness elsewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive