When my lips are moving, do you hear the words? A wife's rant...

Okay, so it's holiday time and there is a lot going on.  More than usual.  The band that Frank plays with is trying to plan a get together for Christmas.  This has been debated for weeks and it was finally decided upon that the get together would happen the week between Christmas and New Year's.

Now, because of this decision, I have since gone on to make other plans with other people for dates and times leading UP TO the week between Christmas and New Year's.  Are you seeing where this is going?  

This coming weekend we have plans to go and visit friends who live three hours away.  We have not SEEN THEM in ten years.  So tonight while Frank was at band practice, I called to see how he's doing and he's like "Oh, the Christmas get-together is gonna be this Saturday."

Um...excuse me?  Did we NOT have several conversations about the trip to see our friends this weekend?  Have I NOT been yammering on about the length of the drive and how important it is that we both go so that I'm not driving home late for three hours on the interstate with just me and Michael?  Now, I'm SURE that we did but apparently, my voice is merely background noise.  It's probably similar to the noise I hear when I turn the fan on to help me sleep.  

Ladies, do you agree with me?  Men, WHY can you NOT remember ANYTHING?  I am so furious right now and if I were a petty person, I would go to bed and pretend to be asleep.  But I'm too wound up!  I'm really kind of pissed.  When I reminded him of our plans he's like "Okay, whatever, no big deal" and you know what?  I know that he means that - to him, if we don't go to the band Christmas party, he will be just fine.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!!

The point is that we have conversations that don't penetrate your brain!  Why is that?  Gotta tell you, it's annoying!  It's rude.  And really, I don't like it.

There, I said it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive