Growing Pains and Ping Pong

So I told you all how I'm taking that giant leap in to self-publishing.  It's painful; honestly and truly painful.  There is so much to do and so much to look at and at this point, every time I open up the file on my book I want to cry!  Where is the book fairy who can take care of all of the editing nonsense for me??

Then there's the other things: websites, marketing, getting my name out there.  I have some very loyal readers and friends here who have all said that they'd buy a copy of my book and for that I say a HUGE thank you.  I look forward to selling those ten books and it's all very exciting but after that?  Who knows!

So while I'm spinning around the house having a breakdown, we have something new going on around here - Ping Pong.  Yes, Ping Pong.  What tiny house with a mother losing her mind couldn't use some loud and obnoxious Ping Pong action?

Michael joined the Ping Pong club at school.  I was VERY excited about this because he is not a joiner of anything so the fact that he wanted to join something was way cool.  The problem?  He'd only ever played it (and I use the term "played" loosely) twice.  So we went out and bought a table-tennis type set that sets up on our dining room table and he and Frank have been having a blast.

Me?  Not so much.

Last night we had a heinous storm here.  The thunder and lightning were just out of control.  We unplugged the computers and the TV's so there wasn't much else to do (well, I read) but play Ping Pong.  After hearing them play Ping Pong while I made dinner.  Nick actually has a REAL Ping Pong table and he was nice enough to have Michael over after church to play a little and have some brother-bonding time, which was very nice of him.

Those little plastic balls may have to start disappearing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive