Hurrican Preparedness

Like most people on the East Coast, I am preparing for Hurricane Irene.  Unfortunately, when we are living on one paycheck, and payday isn't until tomorrow, I have not been able to do much.  I'm a little panicky to say the least.

I have water, I have bread, I have canned goods.  I have paper goods and we know to charge up all of our electronics.  I will make sure that all of the laundry is done and that the house is on a higher level of cleanliness just in case we are stuck inside for days without water.  Why start out with a smelly house if it's only going to get worse, right?

And...I bake.


If there is a natural disaster heading our way, for some reason, I bake.  I don't know when this started but for as long as we've at least been here in NC, when there is a storm, I bake.  I figure, if we have no electric and can't cook much, at least I will have cake.  Cake is a comfort food.  Cookies are comfort food.  If I am stuck inside, with no form of entertainment, I am most certainly going to eat cake!!

Anyone have any odd habits they do while preparing for a natural disaster?

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive