Do you do belated?

Did you ever forget someone's birthday? You know, it could be on your calendar but then maybe it just slips your mind and you don't call or send a card for that special day? Do you just forget about it? Say that you'll get them next year? Or do you maybe, just maybe send a belated card or gift? Maybe call them and say "Hey, sorry!"

This can be awkward, no doubt. I have to admit, where family is concerned, I usually call. I have gotten out of the habit of sending cards because I never get them out on time. So rather than constantly be late, unless I'm sending a gift, I just call.

If you forgot your grandchild's birthday, would you TRY and make it up to them? Maybe send a belated card or gift? Maybe NOT look like such an insensitive jerk? I'm sure most of you see where I'm going with this. My dad FORGOT Michael's birthday. Just forgot it. He called for Nick's birthday. He even sent a little something extra for Nick for Christmas since his birthday is so soon after it but Michael? He just blatantly ignored. I talked to my sister about this and apparently, he's aware that he missed it but doesn't find it necessary to do anything about it. I may be being overly sensitive here but I think that it's just wrong. Kids don't care if they get their gift ON their birthday, they're just pretty much excited about getting a gift. My sister didn't send dad a gift this year for Christmas and he STILL keeps dropping hints about it. So in his world, HE is entitled to a gift - even a belated one - but his ten-year old grandson is not.

Selfishness knows no bounds.

*Today's Examiner.com article is on a meeting about Dual Enrollment being held in Cary. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog