A Weight Watchers Super Bowl

I am not a sports fan in any capacity and yet every year I get sucked in to the Super Bowl. Most of the time I have no idea who is playing, I know not one players name. But I do enjoy the snacks.

As a confirmed foodie, I LOVE going all out on Super Bowl Sunday. Well this year presented a bit of a challenge because of the whole Weight Watchers thing. I was a bit bummed because I would not be able to do my usual but let me tell you, as I sit here Sunday night being pleasantly full, that I rock.

I made homemade pizza for Frank and Michael but for myself I did Portobella Mushroom cap pizzas. I took three of those mushroom caps (they're quite large - like the size of an English muffin), de-stemmed them, filled them with a little bit of tomato sauce (a chunky kind), topped them with a low fat, three-cheese Italian shredded cheese and I had lightly sauteed some bell peppers with onion and garlic. I put them in the oven to melt the cheese and let me tell you... they were SCRUMPTIOUS!!! I mean, I will definitely make these again.

Then, because I have to have meat, I grilled up some extra lean burgers and served them on these new Arnold's Sandwich Thins in multigrain variety. Some pickles, some salt-free ketchup and I am FULL! I do not feel deprived at all. Oh, and for dessert I had my three squares of Dove Dark Chocolate with 71% Cacao. It was a good diet day for this foodie.

It can be done, I guess. Of course it would have helped even more if I had maybe exercised a bit instead of sitting in my jammies all the live-long day.

*Today's Examiner.com article is on an on-line Physics of the Olympics class. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog