On-line class update...

I have to tell you, I am LOVING the on-line class teaching experience.  I mean, I am having a great time creating the lessons and the students have been great!  

I almost had to cancel the class because no one had signed up but suddenly, the morning class was scheduled to begin, I got three students!  It's not much but it was a start.  Since then two more joined so now I have five and it made for a nice supplemental income when things are so tight. 

Basically, they are four-week workshops.  They are $25 each.  I had five for this month's workshop and so far I have three confirmed for next month's.  I still have to get out the reminder for the next one so I am hoping for a few more.  Six would be nice.

I haven't heard back from the RWA chapter on teaching the workshop with them but that would really be a cool thing.  One of my students sent me a link to a writing contest geared to high school writing teachers but because I am a homeschool teacher with no real "school" to associate with, they are unsure if I am eligible.  Kind of sucky considering the fact that I have been teaching writing to homeschoolers for like ten years.  I'm not giving up yet but it doesn't seem good.

Now I am trying to come up with one more workshop idea so that I will have three of them that I can teach in rotation throughout the school year.  The first one was on character development (within a fiction story) and the second one is on dialogue writing.  

Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive