Theme Weddings - Yes or No?

Ever since my mom had the opportunity to be a part of David Tutera's My Fair Wedding, I have gotten in to the show.  I had never watched it before she started doing work for him and now I try to catch it whenever I can.

So here's the thing:  Theme weddings.  What is that about?

I am sitting here watching a bride who wants a Wizard of Oz themed wedding and a couple of weeks ago another bride wanted an Alice in Wonderland wedding.  I'm sorry, but that all just seems wrong to me.  Your wedding should be about love, commitment, getting MARRIED...not about a bride in a black dress or a one in ruby red slippers!  

I know that I am a traditional type of gal so maybe that's my problem with the whole thing but I think that party themes are best utilized on more casual occasions - not weddings.  Tonight's bride was going to make her bridesmaids carry "Dorothy" style baskets with fake fruit in them!  I'm sorry, I don't care how close of a friend you are, if you think I'm going to carry a basket of fake fruit while walking down the aisle in a dress that is reminding people of Munchkinland, you are sorely mistaken.

So what do you think?  Theme wedding, yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive