A weekend getaway is needed...

I need to get away.  

No, not for any great length of time, but a weekend away would be nice.  My church is in the midst of planning its annual womens retreat.  It will be in April and it's for a whole weekend up in the mountains of North Carolina.  This year the topic of the retreat doesn't thrill me and basically, I'll be paying close to $100 for the weekend to be in a place that's outdated and in desperate need of cleaning and refreshing to listen to several talks on a topic that I'm not interested in!

Or there's plan B...

I am looking to get away with a few friends for a weekend of just girl time - no structured schedule, no cafeteria food, just a getaway.  

It seems a bit selfish and I am sure that my church friends are going to be like "WHAT???  Why would you NOT want to go on the retreat?"  You know, I am not a retreat person.  I've told everyone that.  I went last year to give it a try and while it was fun, it was fun because the topic was fun.  It was on sex.  This year?  Not so much.  It's on "Emotions".  Yes, I have them.  Enough said.

So I need to really think and pray on this because I need a little break and need to step away from everyday life for a little bit but I'm not sure which environment is going to do that for me in the best way.

Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive