How do you talk to people?

This morning, Frank and I were having a discussion about our landlord.  Yes, it's been a while since I've mentioned him and really it's because he is still ignoring us.  Yesterday he was at the house right next door to us that he owns and STILL did not come to the door to collect the rent.  We had to drive down to his house and drop it in the mail slot. 

Mature.

So anyway, we got to talking about that relationship and really since the very first day we moved in here, the man has talked down to us - like we're two kids playing house or something rather than two married adults.  So this got me thinking, "Why?"  Here's my theory:  Basically, Frank and I are like the total opposite of the general population.  We have no desire to use credit cards and get ourselves in to debt; we don't dream of owning a house because really, our job situation has never been stable; the fact that our job situation is NEVER stable and we always seem to be in need of a little help...I guess to most people we must look like we don't know what the heck we're doing.

Do any of us REALLY know what we're doing?  I mean, in the last ten years or so we have watched business professionals lose their jobs, their homes, their retirement.  We've seen people that we know and love on the verge of suicide because of their circumstances.  I don't speak DOWN to them because of them!  I mean, it shouldn't be about what you have or how you live your life if you're a decent human being and you take care of people around you.  

I have an issue with some people (who shall remain nameless) that call me and only want to talk about themselves no matter WHAT I have going on in my life or what I am trying to say.  Clearly, they feel that they are better and more important.  Personally, I don't give a crap about the stuff going on in their lives sometimes but I always engage in conversation and respond politely...I certainly don't cut them off to talk about myself!  

Maybe that's because I have my blog...and I can talk about me to my hearts content!

Maybe not...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive