It Really Is Fun!

Okay, so it's official...I got my membership to the YMCA. I went on Tuesday and finished my paperwork and got interviewed and then got a tour of the facility. There are two locations here in town and I was at the main one that is just ginormous but I think once Michael is back in school I will go to the smaller one.

There were two indoor pools and one outdoor pool, raquetball courts (SO not my thing), basketball courts (Another no for me), a walking track, several classrooms / studios for classes,
a rock wall, locker rooms (a mens, a women's, a girls, a boys, AND a family one!), then there was the wellness area that had all of the machines and weights and equipment. It was wild. They have a nursery/preschool and a class for older kids like Michael's age who are too young to use the equipment yet. His class has a Foosball table, a lego table, games...and they do occasionally go on the rock wall or out to the playground.

Today I went and just did 45 minutes of miscellaneous stuff - 20 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes on the bike and 5 minutes with the weights. Tomorrow I'm going for my official orientation where I'll learn how to use all of the machines and how much weight I should use on each of them. I'm looking forward to that because I'm kind of a spaz with that sort of thing.

Nick laughed at me last night when I told him I went. Well, not AT me, just in general while he sang the Village People's "YMCA" song. But you know what, they were right...it is fun to stay there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive