I think it's gonna be okay...

Okay, so here we are at the weekend and I have completed my first three days at work.  I know that it's barely the beginning but I have to say, I think I'm going to like it.

When I got to work yesterday, the owners were setting up for a surprise cookout!  So we had hot dogs and chicken on the grill plus salads and chips!  That was a very nice surprise for sure.  I like all of my co-workers and although the learning process is very slow, I think in time I'll probably understand what the heck I'm doing.  The commute is super easy (less than 5 miles from my house) and the hours are easy (12-5) so for now, it's a great way to ease back in to the workforce.

I have been doing a lot more walking this week but switched it to the Walk Away the Pounds DVD for the week.  I was short on time a couple of days and so it was a quicker walk with the DVD.  I can do 3 miles on the treadmill in an hour but I can also do 3 miles with the DVD in 30 minutes because of the pace.  I don't know why but I just can't go as fast on the tread.  So basically, I did 3 miles a day on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and then yesterday I did 4.  My legs are KILLING me!

I was going to walk today but I slept in until almost noon (and it was glorious) and my legs are just too sore.  I need a day to just not move around too much.  We're supposed to go to a BBQ with the band but it's raining - so basically it's almost 3:00 and I'm still in my jammies!  Honestly, if I had my way, we wouldn't be going anywhere and I'd stay like this all day and just bask in the long weekend.  


So not going to happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive