Job Observations...

Okay, so I am starting to get back in to the swing of things - working in an office environment again.  It's a small office so really, there are no barriers - everyone can see everyone - and only the bosses have their own offices.  

So in this open-air environment I was hit with blazing clarity the ONE thing that I have not missed while out of work - the smell of someone else's left overs.  Man, oh MAN does that smell LINGER in the office long after lunch time.  Now I have openly admitted to being a food snob so really, I am probably a LOT more sensitive than most to this phenomenon but today I honestly thought I was going to be sick at one point.  

I have no problem walking around my own home/environment with Lysol, hell, I have even Febreezed my own kids!  But I think I am too new to the office environment to Febreeze my new co-workers without them taking offense.  It's just too soon.

I have learned that all of the gals in the office want to eat healthy and so there is a lot of "natural" snacks around (watermelon, granola) but me?  I have my bag of Dove dark chocolate in my drawer and let me tell you, I have made some new fast friends!  I'm all for healthy eating and all that but somewhere around three in the afternoon when time has stopped, you just need a little square of yumminess (or three!) to get you through until five o'clock.  That's just the way it is!

Bottom line is that I am honestly settling in and I think that I really like it there.  Today I had a computer problem and all of the girls were on the phone and my boss was walking by (eating some watermelon!) and I called him over and he sat with me and helped me work it out.  I thought that was mighty nice of him.  I realize I am essentially in the honeymoon phase right now but I really appreciate how slowly they are easing me in to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive