I guess I'm not THAT emotional...

Okay, so there was another royal wedding this week.  There was zero coverage compared to Will and Kate but it was a big deal, nonetheless.  

Basically, Prince Albert II finally got married.  He's kind of a sleazy royal, in my opinion.  He's got two illegitimate children and rumors abound that this marriage is merely a business deal to secure a legitimate heir to the throne.  

Ah...romance.

So there were rumors all over the place that his bride-to-be tried to "escape" but was brought back to Monaco to go through with the wedding and there is one particular picture of her - and she is beautiful, by the way - on her wedding day crying.

Now, in this case, there could be a very REAL reason why she's crying - like she doesn't want to marry this guy and is being forced to.  But I never understood the whole bride-crying-on-her-wedding-day thing.  I mean, I was PSYCHED to get married.  I practically dragged my dad down the aisle I was so excited.  Brides to be?  BE HAPPY!  Your wedding is supposed to be a good thing!

Why do they cry?  I mean, I cry at some pretty silly stuff (commercials with sad looking animals) but on a day that is supposed to be joyful, why the tears?  I just don't get it.  

I can only hope that the new Princess Charlene was just one of those silly, sappy brides and really not there against her will.  THAT would be a reason to cry.

Here's to being silly and sappy... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive