Be careful who you friend request...

WOW.  

Honestly, I love Facebook for many reasons but sometimes bizarre stuff happens and I end up feeling like "Really?  What in the world???"  Today was one of those days.

I was Facebook friends with a cousin of mine who I haven't spoken to since 1999.  Seriously.  She stole from me, she lied about stealing, she stole from my grandmother and my aunt and then left them high and dry and took off to wherever.  I was curious to see what she was doing with her life because there was talk in the family about what she was doing and so Facebook seemed like a harmless way to see. 

Every once in a while she would send me a little "Hey, how are you" message and I'll be honest, I didn't respond.  Well, for whatever reason, today was the last straw for her and she was sending me hateful messages demanding that I talk to her because she has been working her butt off to get people to forgive her.  Really?  Then I guess my apology was lost in the freakin mail because I have seen NO attempt to make right all that she did wrong.  Last I heard, she stole from someone else.  

It started with the harmless "Hey" comment, then went in to a "Read This!" comment and then finally I responded to the "ANSWER ME!!!" comment because it was time to put this all to rest.  I answered.  Believe me, I answered.  She de-friended me and now, I blocked her.  I don't want this contact with her at all.  I don't NEED this kind of craziness, thank you very much.  She tried to guilt me in to talking to her by "reminding" me that I am a Christian and what "that church of mine" teaches.  Yeah, okay.  I never claimed to be a perfect Christian and I am willing to deal with God when that day comes over this little incident.  

The thing is, I hope that she does turn her life around.  I hope that she gets some professional help and STOPS stealing from people and lying about it.  I hope that she finds a job that makes her happy.  I just won't open my door again to that kind of situation.  It may not be the right decision biblically, but it's all I can do right now.  

As for Facebook, this is the second time that I've had someone go a little psycho on me and I'm beginning to re-think staying on there.  Be careful who you accept friend requests from because they just may go a little crazy on you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive