A New Class...

Okay, since clearly I don't want to commit right now to a 4-year university and am unsure about going back to school in general, I decided to try another approach:  On-line classes.

Many, many years ago, Nick had taken an on-line college course on Theme Park Engineering.  This was when he wanted to be an Imagineer for Disney.  It was through ed2go.com and I have to tell you, it was a GREAT course.  Back in the Spring I had taken a course through them on Romance Writing.  It was a 6-week class, 2 lessons a week, very informative.  I got a certificate when I was done.  Well, I decided to go back and see what what being offered now and going along with my dream of really wanting to get published, I signed up for "Beginner's Guide to Getting Published".  

The classes are not free; each one is about $65.  Being that this is the area that I am struggling in (getting published) I thought that this could be helpful.  Tonight is the first lesson and I am so excited about it!  I wish that it gave more than a certificate but at least I am getting INFORMATION and being that I have to take a test on each lesson, I should thoroughly KNOW what I have learned.  

I'm a fast reader.  I tend to "scan" more than read sometimes and miss out on some important information because of it.  By having to take a test, I have to be a little bit more thorough with my studying.  So off I go, to read my first lesson and see if I can actually comprehend it.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive