Which would you choose?

So I'm driving Nick to his girlfriend's house today so that I can have the car this afternoon and I was telling him that Frank has a lead on a van.  Praise the LORD!  Well,last night at bible study we were talking about God's plans for us and how we should not make plans without praying about them and I said "Well, I guess God wants us to stay in this house because now that we have to buy a vehicle, we can't move."

This prompts a discussion where my son (gotta love him) tells me that he would GLADLY let me use his car WHENEVER I wanted it if we would move now and let Frank keep using my car.  Really?  Whenever I wanted?  So like, tomorrow, when you have someplace to be but I want the car, can I have it then?  How about the next time you want to go to a concert but I want Starbucks?  Can I have it then?

I think it all sounds well and good but really, the reality would be very different.  I mean, as much as I would LOVE to move from this house, every time we try, something comes up and something happens and here we still are.  So that tells me something.  Personally, after living without a car for the last few weeks, I would gladly STAY in this house if I could just drive my own dang car and not have to maneuver, manipulate, beg, borrow and STEAL someone's car just so that I can go and get some milk!  It's crazy!

Car or house?  Sadly, I choose car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive