Are you going to wear white, too?

So I've mentioned some of my frustrations with putting together this whole homeschool graduation thing. I'm heading up the committee and I have been shocked by the behavior of some of the moms.

At our last meeting, in the opening prayer, I said "Lord, please help us to remember who this day is about and who we are doing this for." As the meeting went on, my goal was to really let the kids/the graduates have a voice and a say in THEIR graduation. We talked a bit and I placed the kids up in the front and let them voice their thoughts and concerns about how we were handling THEIR graduation.

Well, it was sort of going okay but we had one mom who was rather emphatic about the fact that NO, this was HER day! Seriously? Are you kidding me? She's like "I got him here!" "I taught him!" "I homeschooled him!" She yelled at Nick while he was trying to explain his displeasure with how things were going and then came up to me after the meeting to express - again - how this was really more HER day than her son's.

Oh...my...gosh...

THIS is the woman who is going to wear a while gown on her son's wedding day and want to stand at the altar with him in an attempt to keep the focus on HER! THIS is the woman who will be in the delivery woman when her first grandchild is born and keep the doctor talking to HER about her own ailments rather than letting him focus on the woman in labor.

I'm sorry but we, as the parents, all HAD our graduation already. We should take pride in the fact that our children were taught by us and that we had the opportunity to be able to homeschool them. But then we should be willing to let them, our children, be in the spotlight for the day!

If I could, I would SO totally pull the plug on her mike the day of graduation so that she can NOT have her say and steal her son's thunder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive