I know it's petty but...

We've been friends for a long time with someone with a substance abuse problem. In the past we had opened our home to this person and did all that we could to try and help. At some point, we became the enemy and the last I heard from them, I got a nasty e-mail and was "unfriended" by them on Facebook.

Well, now they are clean and sober after almost a year in rehab. I am thrilled that they are on the mend and getting their life back together. They had too much going for them to be in such bad shape. So here's where my pettiness comes in: this person has gone on to reconnect with a lot of people - people they were never close with before - and offer apologies and friendship. Have we heard anything from them?

No.

I am feeling a little slighted here. I mean, I don't need all kinds of pretty words or hearts and flowers, but you know, just an acknowledgment of what a jackass they were for writing us a nasty letter would be nice. We did nothing but show concern for this person's well-being, offer them a place to stay and for whatever reason, we seem to be the only ones NOT worthy of an apology.

Like I said, I know it's petty. The main thing is that this person has their life back together, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive