Chick Flick Friday - Private Benjamin


I know, I know, I'm late with this. And I know that I seem to be going way back in time with my movie picks but in case you haven't noticed, I am SO not a girly-girl when it comes to my picks for chick flicks. I'm not in to Jane Austin (except for "Emma") and I don't enjoy crying much - I have to really be in the mood for that.

"Privat
e Benjamin" stars Goldie Hawn as Judy Benjamin - a spoiled, JAP (Jewish-American Princess) who becomes a widow on her honeymoon and in a depressed stupor, ends up joining the army. Upon her arrival at boot camp, she is shocked and tells her commanding officer (played BRILLIANTLY by Eileen Brennan) that she joined the army, but she joined a different army; you know the one with the condos and the swimming pools. Classic! Watching her try to do even the simplest of tasks is a riot.

But the story is more than just her fumbling through basic training; it's the story of how the woman who, for the most part, has never worked a day in her life and has other people take care of her, really come in to her own. It's a real women's empowerment kind of movie. Not your typical first-choice for a chick flick, but definitely one that is fun to watch and one where you can totally relate to the characters.

Enjoy and Happy Chick Flick Friday, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive