This one's for Jenn...

Jenn over at "My Kids are my World" encouraged me to share the recipe for my Shepherd's Pie. I was never a huge fan of Shepherd's Pie while I was growing up but I found this recipe for it in a Weight Watcher's magazine and I have to tell you, I LOVE it!!

Okay so here it is:
1 pound of lean ground beef (93 or 95% fat free)
1 bag (12-16 oz) of frozen mixed veggies (corn, peas, carrots, green beans)
1 can (14 oz) of diced tomatoes w/garlic, oregano and basil
1 can (6-8 oz) of salt-free tomato sauce
1 package of ready made mashed potatoes (Like Simply Potatoes)

Optional items: 1 tsp. minced garlic and 1/2 cup of chopped onions

This is so quick, it's crazy! You brown the ground beef, add the veggies and the tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer and place in to 4 ceramic Ramekins that you have lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Prepare/heat the mashed potatoes per package instructions and place in 1/2 cup servings on top of the beef mixture in the Ramekin and smooth out to look like a pie crust. Place the four bowls on a baking sheet and place under the broiler until the potatoes turn slightly browned.

Very yummy! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RGB Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Search This Blog

Blog Archive